Monday, July 21, 2008

STAKE GIRLS CAMP


How much fun can you have for four days camping with 185 girls and 50 leaders? A TON OF FUN!!! Our Stake Camp was planned and carried out by a terrific committee of 21 girls. I loved being their "coach" and mentor. Our theme was Eternalympics and each ward was a different 'country'. We, as Stake Leaders, represented the country of CANZANIA which had an Africa theme of course. I feel so blessed to have been a part of the Young Women program for 26 years of my adult life. It energizes me to be around all that youth and enthusiasm PLUS it gives me a chance to be my goofy self without being too embarrased!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Gaye you always amaze me!!! Would you be up for running our Stake Camp in say 8 years when my Jessica can come? I'll come too. I'd love to get more time with your "goofy" personality.

Unknown said...

You always amaze me too! Those girls are SO lucky to have an Ottley as their leader! I love any chance I have to join in Girls Camp as well!

Susie said...

I bet it was awesome- I need to have you send me a tape of all the fun songs you and Fay used to sing- my girls and I can't remember them all, but we remember how much fun they were!

Fay said...

Gaye, I'll bet your committee created the BEST camp due to your great leadership. Hope all the hassles were worth it...Looks like a blast! thanks for sharing!

Kim and Gaye in Otavalo, Ecuador

Kim and Gaye in Otavalo, Ecuador

Southern California Family Fun

Southern California Family Fun

Picking up Sister Jaci Croxford

Picking up Sister Jaci Croxford
from her mission in Quito, Ecuador March 2007

Picture Perfect Wedding Day

Picture Perfect Wedding Day