Thursday, August 29, 2013

Sometimes I have to pinch myself when I start to think of our 15 times around this beautiful planet since the beginning of our LDS Charities Mission in June 2010! It's hard to believe that we've been able to meet so many wonderful people on three continents and in 14 incredible countries of the world.

People often ask me "What amazing things have you seen on your travels?"  I always tell them "PEOPLE......people who lift and inspire me to want to do better with the blessings I've been given and complain less about things that don't really matter in the eternal scheme of things."

We just returned from Vietnam this week and rubbed shoulders with another awe -inspiring bunch of people, but this man touched my heart to the very center....
His legs had been blown off by a land mine in the Vietnam War many, many years ago.  His current "legs and feet" are two small, but heavy, wooden stools tied to his stumps.  He walked in to our clinic with a gigantic smile on his face and was thrilled to receive a brand new 3 wheeled trike from LDS Charities so that he could go out and make a living for himself.   He shook my hand and said "thank you, thank you, thank you....good life!"

I pinched myself!!!

No comments:

Kim and Gaye in Otavalo, Ecuador

Kim and Gaye in Otavalo, Ecuador

Southern California Family Fun

Southern California Family Fun

Picking up Sister Jaci Croxford

Picking up Sister Jaci Croxford
from her mission in Quito, Ecuador March 2007

Picture Perfect Wedding Day

Picture Perfect Wedding Day